Graalians

Graalians (https://www.graalians.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Graal Discussion (https://www.graalians.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Old Graal (https://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30319)

Basi 07-29-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by zowie (Post 598598)
Neat, that's a lot of website backups. BUT all the downloads are 404 :unsure:

i got you

https://web.archive.org/web/20140223...downloads.html

Draenin 07-30-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Basi
If you are interested i have all the files from 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, and 2006 as well as Graal Online Version 1.1.9, 1.3, and 1.3.9. You can download the editor and open these .nw files in editor and walk around.

Quote:

Posted by DarkLord
I have every single file from every graal version and server and you can interact with the NPCS (meaning you can complete quests)

1. Zip up files.
2. Post torrent links.

Collectively, Graal developers throw away perfectly good game resources far too often when they quit. We need to start preserving and sharing that stuff, because it helps servers get built faster.

Emera 07-30-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Draenin (Post 598851)
1. Zip up files.
2. Post torrent links.

Collectively, Graal developers throw away perfectly good game resources far too often when they quit. We need to start preserving and sharing that stuff, because it helps servers get built faster.

This

G Fatal 07-30-2015 07:50 PM

Yeah be nice to see some backup of stuff from old graal

DarkLord 07-31-2015 04:55 PM

Yeah I have every last one of the graal files even player worlds and even the original graal based off of Zelda "Link to the Past" I think it is

Need them? Send me a private message and the server and version

zowie 08-01-2015 09:11 AM

Ok well it doesn't look like anyone is going to be uploading all the files so I will just say this:

IF graal were revamped to include all the best levels, quests, and the text was run through a spellchecker and updated, it could easily be packaged as a standalone offline/LAN game and sold for profit. If it was put together by a competent enough team of designers, I would buy it on Steam or whatever. It could even work as an app. The money potential is there. The question is, is the Graal team competent enough to pull it off?

DarkLord 08-01-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Posted by zowie (Post 599363)
Ok well it doesn't look like anyone is going to be uploading all the files so I will just say this:

IF graal were revamped to include all the best levels, quests, and the text was run through a spellchecker and updated, it could easily be packaged as a standalone offline/LAN game and sold for profit. If it was put together by a competent enough team of designers, I would buy it on Steam or whatever. It could even work as an app. The money potential is there. The question is, is the Graal team competent enough to pull it off?

Doubt they would even attempt to...

zowie 08-01-2015 05:20 PM

It could work quite well on iPad. A quick click around the player will result in a weapon slash, while a hold will move and also interact with objects. The inventory will be placed in the corner, allowing for quick switching between items and sword. There is a big market for epic adventures on tablets/smartphones.

The main problem I can see is not getting sued by Nintendo...

Draenin 08-04-2015 01:41 AM

So I did some digging around, and found a nice archive of files for Graal. A majority of the links on Nekoroy's websites do not work.

They're from Graal Reborn, though, so be sure to scan for viruses or other threats. I did my best to re-pack what I got and eliminate all of their dumb ********aal sh!t, but I haven't gone through all of the application files myself, so be wary.

Anyway, I've got them hosted on a very stable site now, so enjoy. (You'll need to open them with Winrar.)

Applications (Old Clients, RC Versions, Editing Tools)
Playerworld Backups

Rep+ would be appreciated. These files were super annoying to get.

DarkLord 08-04-2015 02:40 AM

Quote:

Posted by Draenin (Post 600351)
So I did some digging around, and found a nice archive of files for Graal. A majority of the links on Nekoroy's websites do not work.

They're from Graal Reborn, though, so be sure to scan for viruses or other threats. I did my best to re-pack what I got and eliminate all of their dumb ********aal sh!t, but I haven't gone through all of the application files myself, so be wary.

Anyway, I've got them hosted on a very stable site now, so enjoy. (You'll need to open them with Winrar.)

Playerworld Backups

Lmao was an easier way to get them lol

Draenin 08-04-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Posted by DarkLord (Post 600375)
Lmao was an easier way to get them lol

They link their files through BTSync, which is arguably the worst torrent program I've ever used. So I figured I'd save people some time and provide direct links.

Crono 08-05-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Playerworld Backups

Thanks man, been looking for some of these playerworlds. Enigma <3, look for my house.

Kappa 08-26-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Playerworld Backups

Okay so noob question : how do you actually play the worlds and stuff?

Vendetta 08-26-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Posted by Kappa (Post 608451)
Okay so noob question : how do you actually play the worlds and stuff?

You can use the Graal Editor to open the level and play it, you can get the editor from the client here. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 yet, at least not for me anyway.

Kappa 08-26-2015 10:14 PM

Quote:

Posted by Vendetta (Post 608456)
You can use the Graal Editor to open the level and play it, you can get the editor from the client here. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 yet, at least not for me anyway.

Can you explain me how to use the graal editor please? never used it